Skinny Turkey Burger Recipe
An everyday protein packed meal that stores very well!
So summer is imminently upon us and we are always looking for a foolproof delicious protein recipe that will satisfy over and over again. Well, my tried and tested skinny turkey burgers recipe is definitely for you. These are obviously good as a beef burger substitute as well as crumbled into an omelette, crumbled cold into a massive summer salad. Very tasty and deliciously high in protein, give them a try and do let me know what you think.
- 1 kg package of turkey breast mince
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp ground garlic granules
- 1 apple (finely chopped)
- 1 large red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 or 3 celery sticks (finely chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Roll the mixture into balls the size of a large tennis ball and then flatten to burger size
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a big non stick fry pan on medium to high heat
- Put the burgers on the pan and fry for about 5-6 minutes until a nice charred brown forms underneath, then flip over and cook for another 5-6 minutes to ensure fully cooked.
Macros per burger:
Protein: 25g Carbs: 2.1g Fat: 1.3g